Friday, July 20, 2012

Ramadan Nutrition

Alright, so I know you all probably go into a massive craving psychological disorder at Iftar as I do and you start getting those withdrawals for lgeimat, vimto, blabla... well here's the deal..

Iftar:
i) Eat your carbs, make sure your carbs aren't fried or oily and icky blabla, you know what I mean. Try resorting more to eating a plate with veggies and rice / bread / pasta. Limit your self to a maximum of 2 pieces of lgeimat or whatever just do secrete your cravings and have dates after it instead to keep your sugar level at a legitimate level.
ii) Hey, if your looking to maintain your shape or even improve it I suggest you pound on the proteins during Iftar! Get your 2-3 chicken breasts stuffed in your gut! EAT ALL OF IT! ALLLLLLL OF IT!

Post Taraweeh prayer:

i) Have a good snack that include fruits and such, or a very light meal such as a salad!
ii) If you would like my personal favorite? It would be a protein shake blended with 10 egg whites, banana and milk with crushed ice. (Trust me it ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS)

Suhoor:

Make sure the food you eat at suhoor contains as little sodium and and salts as possible. So that mean's (I know your going to hate me..) AVOID LABAN :( Cuz it's gna get you TOO damn thirsty and leave with you a dry mouth the next day. Eat a decent amount of food as you would on a normal dinner without ramadan, just top it off with stuffing your stomach with water, and then just hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment